Round One Entertainment is looking to hire a full-time, non-exempt Bowling Department Supervisor.
Wage Range: $21.00-$22.00
The Bowling Supervisor is responsible for the sales, profits, staffing, image, and operation of the bowling/karaoke department.
S/he will be responsible for the administration of business goals in revenues, expense, profitability, and customer satisfaction and employee morale for these departments.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of work experience in a bowling, entertainment, hospitality, or retail industry.
- Some college experience preferred but not required; High School Diploma or a GED required
- Customer service experience in a similar or comparable work environment, strong verbal communication skills supported by a pleasant and positive attitude of “can do” success.
- Strong operational skills with a focus on great time management.
- Previous experience in a retail/restaurant or customer service environment required, previous experience in management preferably of a bowling or game center highly desirable.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Responsible for the sales and profit projections of the bowling/karaoke department.
- Meets or exceeds sales goals through the efficient execution of Company policies and procedures.
- Be consistently on the floor to provide personal sales support and troubleshoot store.
- Directly supervises department supervisors to ensure they are in compliance with established store policies, procedures, and sales goals.
- Provides operational and customer service training for BO/KA employees at all levels.
- Holds weekly staff meetings with department supervisors to discuss and resolve any issues relating to operations, staffing, customer service, etc.
- Writes and/or updates operations manual for departments to include day-to-day procedures.
- Prepares and presents performance evaluations and counseling notices to direct reports.
- Knows and understands the department’s employees’ job responsibilities.
- Proactively supports any promotional activities within the store and contribute to an effective working environment.
- Assists the Marketing Department with ideas to help increase store traffic upon request.
- Conducts alcohol and age restriction control in accordance with company policies.
- Maintains confidential discussions of employees’ increases, promotions or transfers.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to store management for a solution.
- Assist in ensuring that the facility is always clean and organized.
- Performs all shift duties as required by the General Manager.
- Additional Duties and Responsibilities to be performed when directed by the General Manager.
- Selects, coaches, and develops effective staff for Bowling, Karaoke, and Events Departments.
- Develops a diverse, high-performance team by coaching, counseling and mentoring.
- Reviews department time sheets for accuracy of hours and overtime.
- Assists with new hire orientation for store employees.
- Monitors departments’ staffing on a daily basis to ensure each department is adequately staffed.
- Prepares performance evaluations and counseling notices, as required, for direct reports.
- Audits refund and/or credits against itemized sales from the previous day.
- Audits cash drawers and transactions.
- Audits and track special events.
- Creates Daily Audit Report with sales information and auditing discoveries for store management.
- Researches problems discovered during audits.
Safety, Loss Prevention, and Procedural Compliance:
- Follows Company guidelines for managing confidential information, customer satisfaction, and supervising store personnel.
- Ensures satisfactory maintenance, appearance, and condition of assigned facilities to comply with security, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Enforces compliance with all local, state, federal regulations and company policy pertaining to safety and loss prevention.
- Complies with all OSHA requirements.
- Contributes to improvement or more efficient and less expensive ways and means in-store processes.
- Assists in the research and development of resources that create timely and efficient store workflow.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Executive Management.
- Assists in the maintenance and/or update of store IIPP and OSHA records.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Maintains good communication with general management, customer service associates and outside contacts.
- Complies and maintains the confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a bowling center/arcade environment where high levels of noise, dust, and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, stretch, twist, climb and have a high level of mobility/flexibility in small spaces. The employee is required to stand and walk for extensive periods of time without breaks during busy times. In addition, the employee will need to be able to use their hands/fingers to handle and feel and reach with hands and arms. Lifting and/or moving up to 100lbs with assistance is required.
Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, and 401(K) with company matching,
Check out our Facebook (Search: Round1HQ), Instagram (Round1USA), and Twitter (@Round1USA), Indeed (Round One Entertainment Inc.), Glassdoor (Round One).