@Quail Spring Mall (Oklahoma City)
Location: 2501 W Memorial Rd , Oklahoma City, OK
Round One Entertainment is looking to hire a full-time, non-exempt Bowling Department Manager.
The Bowling Manager is responsible for the sales, profits, staffing, image and operation of the bowling department which entails rentals and parties.
- Responsible for the sales and profit projections of bowling department which entails rentals and parties.
- Meets or exceeds sales goals through the efficient execution of Company policies and procedures.
- Be consistently on the floor to provide personal sales support and trouble shoot store.
- Directly supervises department supervisors to ensure they are in compliance with established store policies, procedures and sales goals.
- Provides operational and customer service training for BO employees at all levels which entails rentals and parties.
- Holds weekly staff meetings with department supervisors to discuss and resolve any issues relating to operations, staffing, customer service, etc.
- Writes and/or updates operations manual for departments to include day-to-day procedures.
- Prepares and presents performance evaluations and counseling notices to direct reports.
- Knows and understands department’s employees’ job responsibilities.
- Proactively supports any promotional activities within the store and contribute to an effective working environment.
- Assists Marketing Department with ideas to help increase store traffic upon request.
- Conducts alcohol and age restriction control in accordance with company policies.
- Maintains confidential discussions of employees’ increases, promotions or transfers.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to store management for solution.
- Assist in ensure that facility is always clean and organized.
- Performs all shift duties as required by General Manager.
- Additional Duties and Responsibilities to be performed when directed by General Manager.
- Ensure that all safety standards such as OSHA are maintained.
- Ensure that all required reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Support bowling and party good image
- Oversee bowling and party preparation
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas
- Ensure employees comply with health and bowling safety standards and regulations
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding bowling and party quality or service.
- Provide support to all departments
- Be able to do high altitude tasks as needed
- Follows and ensures “daily duties checklist” is being done and signed/initialed
- Promotes and sell bowling games, memberships, and pro shop products
- Operates bowling pinsetter system (VECTOR/SYNC)
- Performs lane maintenance (Need to receive pin chaser training)
- Provides customers with bowling tips and techniques
- Conducts all procedures for “Moonlight Strike Game”
- Performs as department supervisor by controlling staffing (10 min. and lunch breaks)
- Conducts opening and closing duties for department (Brings in/Take out tills)
- Conducts refunds and till counts
- Provides exceptional customer service
- Other tasks as assigned by store management
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supply stock
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Keep employees motivated, lead by example, resolve conflicts and be prompt when responding to subordinates.
- Maintain a budget for supplies
- Selects, coaches, and develops effective staff for Bowling, Karaoke and Events Departments.
- Develops a diverse, high-performance team by coaching, counseling and mentoring.
- Reviews department timesheets for accuracy of hours and overtime.
- Assists with new hire orientation for store employees.
- Monitors departments’ staffing on a daily basis to ensure each department is adequately staffed.
- Prepares performance evaluations and counseling notices, as required, for direct reports.
- Audits refund and/or credits against itemized sales from previous day.
- Audits cash drawers and transactions.
- Audits and track special events.
- Creates Daily Audit Report with sales information and auditing discoveries for store management.
- Researches problems discovered during audits.
Safety, Loss Prevention and Procedural Compliance:
- Follows Company guidelines for managing confidential information, customer satisfaction and supervising store personnel.
- Ensures satisfactory maintenance, appearance, and condition of assigned facilities to comply with security, safety and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Enforces compliance with all local, state, federal regulations and company policy pertaining to safety and loss prevention.
- Complies with all OSHA requirements.
- Contributes to improvement or more efficient and less expensive ways and means in store processes.
- Assists in the research and development of resources that create timely and efficient store workflow.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Executive Management.
- Assists in the maintenance and/or update of store IIPP and OSHA records.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Maintains good communication with general management, customer service associates and outside contacts.
- Complies and maintains confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- Some college preferred but not required; a minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in a bowling, entertainment or hospitality industries.
- Customer service experience in a similar or comparable work environment, strong verbal communication skills supported by a pleasant and positive attitude of “can do” success.
- Strong operational skills with focus on great time management.
- Previous experience in retail/restaurant or customer service environment required, previous experience in management preferably of a bowling or game center highly desirable.
- Ability to lead by example
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a bowling center/arcade environment where high levels of noise, dust and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, stretch, twist, climb and have a high level of mobility/flexibility in small spaces. The employee is required to stand and walk for extensive periods of time without breaks during busy times. In addition, the employee will need to be able to use their hands/fingers to handle and feel and reach with hands and arms. Lifting and/or moving up to 100lbs with assistance is required.
Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, and 401(K) with company matching,
Check out our Facebook (Search: Round1HQ), Instagram (Round1USA), and Twitter (@Round1USA), Indeed (Round One Entertainment Inc.), Glassdoor (Round One).